It's been quite a busy few weeks since I last wrote. Here's a few things that have gone on:
- James and I had our 5 year anniversary! Unfortunately we also had a doozy of a cold. We have yet to celebrate.
- I had my "6 month review" and I am now *officially* a PhD candidate at Otago. After a TON of work, the review was very anti-climatic.
- An article I wrote about older immigrants in NZ was accepted for publication in "Ageing and Society", a journal read only by academics interested in ageing, but hey, that's somebody!
- I finally vacuumed the house.
- Spurred on by Air New Zealand's announcement of an upcoming additional fuel-surcharge, I bought tickets to America for November 2011! I'll be over there for a month!
- Thanks to a friend who is a physio, I have a new workout regime to help with some pain and headaches I've had since my bike crash. Thanks, Dan!
- James took a couple of days and climbed Mitre Peak in Fjordland. Conveniently, this trip took place right when I entered the insane "do not disturb me" mode leading up to the aforementioned 6 month review.
- I started teaching at university level for the first time ever - running 200 level anthropology seminars.
- I got a hair cut.
|Relaxing in the sun on the summit of Dunedin's Mt. Cargill.|